Applications for our Spring/Summer 2018 Cohort are now closed.
Read below for details about the program. The Spring/Summer #BFF Labs begins Saturday, April 28, 2018.
To be notified about the next open round of applications for the #BFF Labs program (and other Black Female Founders events), select the button below.
About #BFF Labs
#BFF Labs is an 8-week period pre-accelerator program for aspiring early-stage entrepreneurs. All early-stage businesses are welcome, whether you are at concept stage only or your company has been around for a few years.
#BFF Lab Goals
As a Pre-Accelerator Program the goals of the Lab are as follows:
- Market validation of the business idea
- Clear trajectory of customer traction
- Ability to pitch to partners and investors
- Team partially assembled and/or clear understanding of team needed
#BFF Lab Program
Every Saturday for 2.5 months, from 10 am - 4 pm, founders will participate in immersive and interactive workshops led by subject matter experts (SMEs) covering a variety of topics important to building their businesses. Sample topics will include:
- Business / Revenue Model
- Customer Discovery / Idea Validation
- Product-market Fit
- Pitching Partners and Investors
- Preparing for Due Diligence
- Marketing & Branding
- Understanding Your Competition & Creating a Competitive Advantage
- Forming A Team/Management and Board of Directors
- Legal considerations
- Financing – raising debt or equity; creating your valuation
Benefits (for up to a year)
- Includes 1 year membership in #BFF
- Access to mentors and investors
- Free ”Office Hours” with #BFF Leadership
- Access to legal, business, finance, technical and sector expertise
- Discounts on co-working space
- Discounts on business services (marketing, branding, technology)
Cost (per company/individual enrolled)
- $2000 for full 8 weeks/2.5 months program
- Full and partial Scholarships available for a few!
- To be accepted in the program, all companies must be have at least one Black Female co-founder
- Your company must be early stage and have not received more than $500K in funding in over 3 years
- If not located in the DC-area, must be able to attend the workshops in person
- Once accepted in the program, you are expected to complete the entire program. Missed workshops cannot be carried over into the next cohort
- Note the time commitment involved in the program. If you miss more than 2 workshops, you will not receive a certificate and may be asked to leave the program
- We know how crazy things can get! That said, if you are repeatedly, excessively late or constantly leave early, we will not waste class time repeating any missed information for you.
- If you receive a scholarship into the program and find out you can no longer participate in that cohort, you forfeit the scholarship and must reapply for the next cohort
- Currently we cannot provide childcare during the Labs (were working on it!). Until such time #BFF can provide childcare services, any children under the age of 18 must be left at home
- There are no refunds - period!
For inquiries or questions about #BFF Labs, please contact us.