Changing the ratio for Black women entrepreneurs
Just 7% of investor money goes to women-led startups. Out of that, Black women-led tech ventures receive almost 0% funding. Black Female Founders hopes to change that by providing much needed resources for Black female entrepreneurs so they can succeed.
While there are more opportunities than ever for Black female entrepreneurs to start a tech-based venture, many BFFs struggle to get access to the very resources needed to thrive and scale.
Here are some of the things we offer:
As a Black Female Founders (#BFF) member, you’ll be connected to a diverse and vibrant community of founders, technologists and investors. In addition, you get first-access to workshops and panels that cover important topics such as marketing, hiring, finding co-founders, perfecting your pitch, funding and other critical needs for aspiring entrepreneurs.
Membership benefits include:
Join BFF Now
- Discounted workshops and programs
- Networking events
- Member-only access to #BFF private events
- Access to webinars
- Subscription to #BFF Newsletter
- Free access to #BFF communication channels
- Access to Closed Facebook Group
- Promotional opportunities for your business
#BFF Labs is an 8 week period incubator program for aspiring entrepreneurs. Whether you are at concept stage only or your company has been around for a few years.
Every Saturday from 10 am - 2:30 pm (30 minute lunch), founders sit in an immersive workshops led by subject matter experts (SMEs) covering a variety of topics important to building their businesses.
Benefits (for up to a year)
- Customized plans
- Discounts on co-working space
- Free ”Office Hours” with #BFF founders
- Access to mentors and investors
- Access to legal, business, finance, technical and sector expertise
Cost (per company enrolled)
- $1000 for full 8 weeks/2 months program
- Includes 1 year membership in #BFF
- Discounts on approved vendor services (branding, design, tech, etc.)
Topics Covered (per week)
Notify Me When BFF Labs Launches
- Getting Investors or How-to Develop Funding Streams
- Pitch Perfect: Best practices for developing your business pitch deck
- Developing your "minimum viable product" (MVP) and other technology solutions
- Branding your business (BYB)
- Marketing for entrepreneurs
- Startup Financials: Getting your finances in order
- Perfect Match: Finding Your Co-founder(s)
- Building Your Team: Best hiring practices
For inquiries or questions about membership or #BFF Labs, please contact us.